Coronavirus Mitigation As It Affects Our Inspections
Here are some changes that we are making to our home inspection process to help reduce or mitigate the spread of this virus.
For the time being, we encourage our clients not to attend the inspection. If you choose not to attend, we will follow up the inspection with a phone call to review the written inspection report once the report is completed and delivered to you.
In addition, at the inspection we will:
- Wash our hands multiple times during every inspection, especially after touching things like faucets and door handles.
- Bring hand towels or paper towels for drying our hands.
- If available, we’ll keep hand sanitizer nearby and use it when needed.
- Use disinfectant wipes or the equivalent on faucets and door handles.
- We will not shake hands and will practice a reasonable amount of social distancing.
- We will avoid touching our faces.
- If requested by the seller, our inspector will wear a mask during the inspection.
- If our inspector has a fever or cough, we will not conduct the inspection.
With schools closing and kids being left home alone, it’s also important to note that our policy is, and always has been, that we will not enter a home with minors present unless a second adult is present.
We will continue to monitor this dynamic situation, and we will adjust any of these policies as needed or recommended to help ensure everyone’s safety.